Asala

asala
ASALA, the Palestinian Business Women’s Association was established in 1997.

ASALA targets impoverished and excluded Palestinian women in order to empower them and put them on a track that will lead to financial independence and stability.

ASALA, In 2014 established a profit micro credit company – ASALA for Credit and Development. ASALA NGO holds 74% stake, the remaining 26% being held by the Palestinian Investment Fund.

ASALA’s headquarter is in Ramallah and it has 10 offices and branches in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Before the Israeli operation in Gaza in 2014, the goal of ASALA was to have 50% of its portfolio in the Gaza Strip.

In addition to financial support, ASALA provides important psychological, methodological, technical and capacity building support to women entrepreneurs. Thus, ASALA obtained from Chambers of Commerce preferential conditions for registration of businesses started by women to enhance women entrepreneurs’ visibility, access to markets and decision making role.